adra data-verified=

Coming Soon

More information

Being a tenant


Cartrefi Cymunedol Gwynedd provides all its tenants with a Tenants' Handbook which includes general information.

Here are pdf versions of the leaflets which are included in the Handbook. Please click on the cover to view the content.

Tenant Handbook cover

Your tenancy agreement is an important legal document and should be kept in a safe place.

Yours and our rights and responsibilities are listed in your agreement.

Below are the various agreements available with CCG:

Assured (non shorthold) tenancy agreement - transferring tenants

This tenancy agreement is relevant to you if you were a tenant of Cyngor Gwynedd at the time of the transfer to CCG on 12th April 2010 and you are still our tenant. You have protected rights – it is important that you have signed this agreement.

Assured Shorthold (starter) Tenancy Agreement

If you have had a new tenancy with CCG since 12/04/10 (and were not already a CCG tenant) you will receive an assured shorthold (starter) tenancy. Twelve months from the start of this tenancy, unless CCG has started possession proceedings against you or served a notice seeking possession, it will automatically become an assured tenancy and you will receive additional rights and security of tenure.

Assured (non shorthold) tenancy agreement

This is a standard tenancy agreement for tenants of Registered Social Landlords. This tenancy gives security of tenure as long as you keep to the conditions of the tenancy agreement.

Assured shorthold tenancy agreement (short stay)

This tenancy agreement is provided for homeless applicants, temporarily, until Gwynedd Council is able to secure suitable long term accommodation.

Tenancy Agreement for minors

This is an equitable tenancy agreement for persons under 18 years old. This agreement is required because in law someone under 18 years old can't hold a legal interest in land.

A trustee is required to hold the legal estate on trust for the tenant until the tenant reaches the age of 18.

Tenancy Deed of Assignment

Deed of Assignment

During 2016, the Welsh Government passed the Renting Homes (Wales) Act and it is expected to go live in Spring 2019.

The Renting Homes (Wales) Act will make it simpler and easier to rent a home, replacing the various and complex pieces of existing tenancy legislation with;

  • one clear legal framework
  • 2 types of contracts (replacing all existing types of tenancy agreements and licences)
  • 2 types of landlord (community landlords like CCG and private landlords).

CCG, like all landlords in Wales (private and public sector), will have to issue new contracts (tenancy agreements) to all their contract-holders (tenants).

What do I need to do?

In preparation for this change, please help us make sure that your details are current and correct.

If there are any changes to your personal details such as change of name, changes to tenant 1 or 2 names, please let us know.

You can do this by:

  • Calling 0300 123 8084
  • Email

Find out more

The Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016

Welsh Government information on the Act


New regulations from 1st January 2015 mean that landlords in Wales have to tell water companies like Welsh Water who lives in their homes. This means that Cartrefi Cymunedol Gwynedd (CCG) must share information about tenants and other people who live in our properties with water and sewerage companies.

We have to provide the following information for all our tenants, and occupiers over the age of 18:

  • Property address
  • Tenancy or occupancy start date
  • Title, name and date of birth of all tenants, and residents over the age of 18

This information is held within our Housing Management System and will be sent to Welsh Water using secure file transfer methods.

If you would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0300 123 8084 or contact

Let us know...

People’s circumstances can change daily. It is important that we know of any changes to your household so that the correct information about you is kept on our records.

Let us know if there are any changes within your home, for example:

  • change of phone numbers
  • new baby
  • death within the household
  • family members leaving the home
  • any disabilities or special needs
  • change in employment or income

Let us know by phoning us on 0300 123 8084.

If you have yet to complete the Tenant Profiling Questionnaire, or if your circumstances have changed, you can print the questionnaire, complete and return it to:

Allocations Department
Cartrefi Cymunedol Gwynedd
PO BOX 206
Bangor, Gwynedd
LL57 9DS

Tenant Profiling Questionnaire

Application for Sole Tenancy

Application for Succession Husband or Wife

Application for Succession Not Husband or Wife

Application for Joint Tenancy

The right to buy has come to an end on 26/01/2019. Any application received after this date will not be accepted.

Cartrefi Cymunedol Gwynedd (CCG) is committed to providing our tenants with decent homes in a safe and pleasant environment. In partnership with our tenants, the police, Council and other local agencies, we are determined to tackle anti-social behaviour, help resolve neighbourhood issues and disputes and improve the local area.

If you want to discuss or report anti-social Behaviour contact our Neighbourhood Services Team:

To ensure that we have solid evidence to seek swift and effective action to solve issues with neighbours it's important that you keep a good record of all incidents of Anti-social behaviour in your Neighbourhood Nuisance Diary. Click below to download a PDF version of the diary.

Neighbourhood Nuisance Diary

Fact sheet - Ending Your Tenancy and Moving OutYour tenancy agreement states that you need to give at least four full weeks notice in writing and signed by yourself to terminate our tenancy before you move out. This notice must end on a Sunday and include your new address in-case we need to contact you.

For full details on what you need to do before you move out, please see the attached factsheet.

Succession is the right to take over a tenancy after a tenant has died.

Who has the right to success?

You have the right to take over a tenancy:

  • If a joint tenant has died
  • If you’re a husband, wife or civil partner of the tenant that died
  • If a tenant didn’t have a husband, wife or civil partner the tenancy can be passed to a member of the tenant’s family that has lived in the property for at least 12 months before the tenant died; you would need to provide proof of this

These are all considered as family:

  • Parent
  • Grandmother
  • Grandfather
  • Child (includes step children and adopted children)
  • Brother
  • Sister
  • Uncle
  • Aunty
  • Nephew
  • Niece

If more than one family member are eligible to take over the tenancy, the family would have to agree between them who will take over or CCG will decide.

Only one person can apply for a succession.

Every case is unique but there are some situations where succession will not be possible:

  • If a tenant that’s died is a successor himself
  • If a succession happened before CCG were established in April 2010 and the tenant has signed a new tenancy agreement

New Tenancy

There are some cases where we can create a new tenancy if a person isn’t eligible for a succession. This can include:

  • A person that lived in the property when the tenant died and was looking after the tenant
  • A person with a long term link with the home
  • A person that is responsible for any one that was reliable on the tenant

We will consider each case as an individual case and will consider:

  • The size of the property
  • The size of the family that would be left in the property
  • The need for housing in the area
  • If another suitable property is available
  • Any adaptations that have been made in the property
  • The eligibility criteria for the property: e.g elderly persons sheltered unit

When living in a flat you could possibly have neighbours above, next door and underneath you so it’s very important to consider all of your tenants whilst living in a flat.

Noise Nuisance

Nosie can cause a lot of argument between tenants.

We do not allow laminate flooring in flats except in ground floor flats because it’s very noise for people below.

Other sounds that are not acceptable are:

  • Playing loud music
  • Listening to loud music
  • Watching tv loud
  • Revving cars
  • Slamming doors
  • Shouting in the halls and on the staircase, especially at night
  • Noise from DIY work (you need permission to do DIY work)

If you have a problem with your neighbour causing noise, the first thing you should do is to speak with them. They might not be aware that they are causing a problem – so be friendly and don’t lose your temper.

If this won't solve the problem, contact us:

  • Email:
  • Phone: 0300 123 8084
  • On-line form

If you cause a nuisance or annoy your neighbour you could be breaking your tenancy agreement. You could also be breaking the law.

Communal areas

Everyone that lives in a bloc of flats is responsible for keeping the communal areas clean and tidy. This includes:

  • Corridors
  • Halls
  • Stairs
  • Landing

Every communal area are inspected regularly. You are expected to keep bikes, prams and similar items must be kept in your flat and not in the communal area. If items like this are kept in communal areas we will arrange to have them removed.


If you own a pet you must make sure that none of your pets cause a nuisance to your neighbours. Further advice about keeping a pet is available on our Pets page (linc)


There is a door entry system on most of our flats so that only tenants and their visitors can get in.

To help keep flats safe don’t:

  • Wedge doors open, including internal fire doors
  • Leave the door open for any reason
  • Ask neighbours to let visitors in for you
  • Let someone you don’t know into the building
Back to top